The Cultural Orientation Resource Exchange (CORE), a technical assistance program, connects and supports refugee resettlement staff globally to deliver effective Cultural Orientation which helps refugees and Special Immigrant Visa holders achieve self-sufficiency in the United States.
Through CORE, Cultural Orientation providers can:
- Participate in online and in-person learning opportunities
- Download resources to deliver Cultural Orientation
- Utilize refugee resources in multiple languages and multimedia formats
CORE is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), and administered by the International Rescue Committee.
Who We Serve
Before refugees arrive in the United States, they usually work closely with an assigned Resettlement Support Center overseas. Most refugees come to the United States through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program and receive pre-departure Cultural Orientation.
- RSC Africa – Church World Service (CWS)
- RSC Austria – HIAS
- RSC Asia – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- RSC Eurasia – International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- RSC Latin America – International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- RSC Middle East and North Africa – International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- RSC Turkey and Middle East – International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC)