Faces of Resettlement – short video
This 10 minute video features refugees from Bhutan, Burma, Burundi, Iraq and Sudan. It presents a positive portrait of their lives in the US as they become fully integrated, productive citizens. It was intended to promote dialogue about refugees.
NOTE: The figure cited in the beginning about the number of refugees worldwide is out of date. Please see www.unhcr.org for more recent statistics.
You can use the following lesson plans and questions to facilitate discussion with various stakeholders:
For Use by or with Community Members:
- Reflection Questions for Community Members
- Who is a Refugee? (Lesson Plan)
- Refugees and Their Contributions to U.S. Communities (Lesson Plan)
- Welcoming Refugees to Your Community (Lesson Plan)
For Use by or with Service Providers:
- Reflection Questions for Service Providers
- Positive Messaging About Refugees in Your Community (Lesson Plan)